This was the first university owned
hospital in the USA.
Built in 1840 as Professors' Houses (East Residence)
it became UM's hospital from 1868-1891. Additions in 1877 in the
form of two parallel wings built out from back of house and several
additions onto them. The building was removed in 1908 and replaced by a new
chemistry building in 1910.